Decorating A Wedding Reception
Wedding receptions are meant to be a celebration. So when you are planning out how to Decorating A Wedding Reception plan to have fun. Your decorations for the reception should be based upon the theme of your wedding but they should also encourage people to let loose a little. Trust us! After a year or so of planning a life changing event you are going to want to let loose a little to. Stick to the colors you used in your ceremony but you will want to choose a bit brighter. Wedding reception venues are usually dimly lit so metallic colors that can catch and reflect light is also a really good idea.
It’s time to party and it is all about you!
Customizable color & pattern Paper Straws by moresprinkledjoy
Look at other Straw Packs of Straws at zazzle.com
Sass & Belle Retro Arrow Print Sign
Light Up LED Arrow
Decorating A Wedding Reception On A Dime
Below are a few tips we can share with you so that you can save a little on decorating your Wedding Reception. One of the best ways to save on Decorating A Wedding Reception is to use a reduce, re-use, and recycle method. You can also find unique and creative wedding reception décor on Etsy (CA) , Amazon Wedding Decor
- Reduce The Amount Decorating – As we said with Decorating A Wedding Reception less is always better. When you choose a venue for your wedding reception try and choose the most beautiful venue within your price range. Then you are only accentuating the beauty with your decorations not covering up an ugly venue.
- Re-Use Your Decorations – When buying wedding decorations try use them for both the wedding ceremony and reuse for Decorating A Wedding Reception. Sticking to one main theme throughout the entire wedding will help you achieve this. Your Flowers and paper decoration can be moved from the ceremony to the reception. Talk to friends and family beforehand and have them move the decorations to the reception while you are getting your wedding photos done at the ceremony.
- Recycle Your Decorations – Only buy decorations you can use again later or that you can resell. Instead of live flowers for centerpieces try vases or candles. You can re-use them at home or give them to guests as wedding favors. You can always try and re-sell the decorations if they are in good condition. Their is always a buyer out there for what you have to sell.
- Buy Single Tiered Wedding Cakes – The more tiers you add to the cake the higher the cost will be. Buy single tiered cakes and display them on multi-level cake stands. The cakes will look just as beautiful as traditional tiered wedding cake but they come at a fraction of the price. They taste better to!
- Add Lighting and Special Effects – Simple LED lights in a dimly lit room add a romantic warm feel to any venue. Another idea for using creative lighting is to rent a projector and put together a slide of how you both got to your wedding day. Start from birth right up to the present day. Everyone loves old baby pictures!
- Dessert table is popular in trendy weddings, with the printable party banners and labels, you can easily set up an unique personalized chic wedding dessert table or bridal shower dessert table to treat your guests.
Ideas And Tips For Decorating A Wedding Reception
Wedding Reception Decorations – Add to the ambiance of your wedding reception with some of these great decorations. You can go to Etsy (CA) , Amazon Wedding Decor
for more affordable wedding reception decorations for every wedding style you can imagine. The trendy wedding themes are vintage wedding, rustic wedding, western country wedding, shabby chic wedding, woodland wedding and beach wedding.
This rustic wedding reception sign is great for a chalkboard wedding or shabby chic vintage wedding.
Cute Mr and Mrs wedding sign
Those damask paper lanterns will add a sophisticated touch to your vintage white wedding décor.
A vintage typography wedding photo backdrop is a great way to take fun and memorable wedding photos as a newly wed couple and with family and friends. You will have great loving memories on your wedding party!
White paper lantern is a great decoration for outdoor wedding, country wedding , woodland wedding and vintage wedding.
This elegant burlap flower suitcase is a must have item for a rustic wedding reception!
Table Centerpieces – You can add the centerpiece to just your head table or you can add them to all. Its entirely up to you! The wedding centerpiece is probably the most important part of Decorating A Wedding Reception because your guests will look at it all night and if you picked the right wedding centerpiece, it will leave your guest great first impression of your wedding. The key is to match your wedding centerpiece with your wedding style and wedding color. If you are planning a rustic wedding you would want to look for centerpieces have nature elements like wood, branches, real flowers, leaves, butterfly, mason jar, birch tree bark… If you are planning a elegant and sophisticated modern wedding then looking for centerpieces got crystals, rhinestone, lace, pearls and glass elements. Make sure to add sparkle to your modern wedding décor. You can use mirror on the table to make your centerpiece look more expensive as well. We find the following crystal tall wedding centerpiece , glass vases centerpiece for a modern elegant wedding, the birch bark vase, pinecone cedar wood centerpiece for a rustic country wedding, You can visit Etsy (CA) for more beautiful and elegant wedding centerpieces.
Wedding Cake Toppers – Great for a laugh or a tear. Below are some truly touching and special wedding cake toppers. The classic willow tree together couple is perfect for a modern wedding cake. It simply sweet and it spells true love all over it!
If you want to have your very own portraits on your wedding cake then this custom wedding cake topper is just made for you. Not only it makes a unique wedding cake topper because it represents you and your spouse but also make a great wedding keepsake!
LASSO of LOVE Country Western Wedding Cake Topper LOT Bride and Groom Glasses Knife Server set Guest book Pen Holder garter Funny Barn Top
If you are planning a country wedding then this blue jeans cowboy wedding cake topper and cake server set is perfect for western country lovers. It comes with guest book and wedding flutes as well! A great barn wedding cake topper.
This personalized wood wedding cake topper is great for outdoor couples! It’s rustic and cute all in one!
This gumpaste flower wedding cake topper is great for DIY brides who want to decorate her own wedding cake! Why pay thousands for a fancy wedding cake when you can simply add a few gumpaste flowers and make your own wedding cake look stunning!
Wedding Cake Knife and Server – It is customary for the new husband and wife to cut the first piece of cake. Do it with one of these beautiful yet inexpensive sets. We found some great wedding cake server and knife sets for beach wedding reception, vintage wedding reception and burlap lace country wedding reception.
Wedding Cake Stands – Add height and style to your single tiered wedding cakes with these great stands. The antique crystal cake stand looks so expensive but it comes with affordable price so you can order a few single tiered cake and still look very classic and expensive. The waterfall crystal wedding cake stands set also leave a great first impression for your wedding cake. Single tiered wedding cakes are way easier to carry from the bakery to your wedding reception and it looks just as expensive as the tall multi layer wedding cake without the price tag. All you need is some unique wedding cake stands.
Click here to return to Our Wedding Shopping List.