How To Buy A Wedding Dress
As you probably know wedding dresses come in all shapes, styles, colors, and sizes. Their are two main factors that usually determine How To Buy A Wedding Dress. There are our body types and the color of dress we will wear to our wedding. Surprisingly there are a lot of options when it comes to shopping for wedding dresses these days. The cost really isn’t a big concern anymore as you can find almost any style of wedding gown within your price range if you do a bit of shopping around. We all know certain styles of clothes fit our different bodies types better then others. By this stage in your life you probably have an idea of the type of dress that suits your body type the best. You probably also have an idea of what your dream wedding gown will look like. But before you run out and buy one we recommend that you follow the tradition when it comes to shopping for a wedding dress Get together with your mom, maid honor, sisters, and friends and hit up a few boutiques and try on some different styles of wedding dress. Make a day out of it and see what looks best on you. Once you find the best one then you can start shopping for that dress that fits your budget. Remember you are only going to wear this dress once! You don’t have to spend thousands on something that will just sit in a box in your basement.
Now lets looks at the color of dress. Traditionally in Asia, brides will wear a red wedding dress or sari on their wedding day. The color red in most Asian cultures symbolizes luck and it is worn by the brides to bring on a strong and lasting future with their husbands. Red is a strong contrast to the white wedding dresses that are more popular in Western Cultures. In 1840 Queen Victoria adorned a very elegant and chic white wedding dress when she married Albert of Saxe-Coburg. Little did she know on her wedding day that she would be setting a tradition followed by most brides in western culture for almost 200 years. In modern times you can see brides all over the world wearing a white wedding dress. You can also find brides all over the world wearing different colors of wedding dresses. Choose the one you want to wear and that suits your theme of wedding.
Lavish Alice Embroidered Wrap Midi Dress with Deep Plunge
Off Shoulder Maxi Dress With Embellishment
How To Buy A Wedding Dress And Save Money
- Use a rewards credit card to earn points with the purchase of your Wedding Dress. If you have a travel rewards card the points can be used towards paying for your honeymoon.
- Shop Online. A lot of the wedding dress stores get their dresses from China. You can order them just as easily as they can. Also check online stores like ASOS and Etsy (CA) for affordable wedding gown, Etsy (CA) have thousands of talented taylors who offer custom made wedding dress with tendy styles from vintage wedding dress to rustic bohemian wedding dress. It’s becoming the trendiest online wedding site to purchase your wedding gown.
- Rent a Wedding Dress. If you can get over the fact you are wearing someone else’s dress you can save a lot of money by renting.
- Check to see if a family member has one you can wear. As far as weddings go Vintage is definitely in. It is an honor to your mother or grandmother if you can wear their wedding dress to your wedding.
- Look at buying a second hand dress. You may want to check local consignment shops or thrift stores for a vintage dress. You may also want to check online for used wedding dresses.
- Consider selling your dress when you are done with it.
Below are a few wedding gown we found on Etsy (CA). The prices and quality they have are overall really good. If you are on a really tight budget you may want to consider this as an option as the price is comparable to renting but you have a keepsake that will last you forever. Also check out the great veils for brides we were able to find.
Wedding Veil and Bridal Accessories
Etsy (CA) and ASOS also offer stylish designer wedding veils and bridal accessories, from traditional wedding veils to vintage birdcage veil, bridal hair fascinator, bridal backdrop necklace, retro shoulder necklace, to fashionable wedding shoes, beach wedding lace sandals to elegant wedding arter sets, you can find almost anything you would need for your wedding day on Etsy (CA)
Hope those tips on How To Buy A Wedding Dress help you get that dream wedding dress with a very affordable price tag!
Click here to return to Our Wedding Shopping List.